Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter Eight Part One! - Dancing Queen

Hiding In the Open

Part One: The Beginning

Chapter 8 Part One: Dancing Queen

-::Mickey's POV::-

How did it happen? I have no idea. One day I'm a klutzy freshman the next I'm Prom Queen. Yes, I

said it. I won Junior Prom Queen as a freshman. Bret won King of course. I realized, if I'm still with

Bret next year, I will go to Prom every year of high school! But let me back up and tell you the

story of my first prom night.

--------------------------------

I woke up extra early and I was too excited to do anything. The anticipation of the night to come

was killing me. So I decided to write. No, not an article. A song. You see I'm actually very musical. I

sing, play piano and I've taught myself guitar. But the thing I do most is write lyrics. But this time I

combined all four in one song.

Great and Grand

V1: I've always been one for romance.

And this boy's got me in a trance.

Since I met him, I can't sleep at night.

He just makes, the world all right.


I see him walking down the hall.

Oh to me I know he's got it all.

And now I can, hold him close.

That's the one thing, I love the most.


Chorus: Oh isn't it great when your dreams come true?

Isn't it great to hear "I like you too?"

Isn't it grand when he kisses you in the moonlight?

Isn't it grand when he talks with you 'til midnight?

Isn't it nice how he whistles a happy tune?

Isn't it nice how he only does that when he's with you?

Isn't it sweet how holds your hand?

Isn't it sweet that life can be... so great and grand?


V2: I never had dreams about my life.

And now he's there every night.

I love how he texts me, "Good Morning."

It just gets me, up and going!


Chorus: Oh isn't it great when your dreams come true?

Isn't it great to hear "I like you too?"

Isn't it grand when he kisses you in the moonlight?

Isn't it grand when he talks with you 'til midnight?

Isn't it nice how he whistles a happy tune?

Isn't it nice how he only does that when he's with you?

Isn't it sweet how holds your hand?

Isn't it sweet that life can be... so great and grand?


Bridge: Every time I look in his eyes,

I can see his feelings match mine.

Every time I see his smile,

I know everyday is worth our while.

Every time he holds my hand,

The meaning is easy to understand.

Every time he kisses me,

I know we are so meant to be.


Chorus: Oh isn't it great when your dreams come true?

Isn't it great to hear "I love you too?"

Isn't it grand when he kisses you in the moonlight?

Isn't it grand when he talks with you until midnight?


Isn't it nice how he whistles a happy tune?

Isn't it nice how he only does that when he's with you?

Isn't it sweet how holds your hand?

Isn't it sweet that life can be... so great and grand?

(Great and grand, great and grand.)

So great and grand.

(Great and grand, great and grand.)

Isn't life great? Isn't life... grand?


I recorded it on my Mac with Garage Band. Then I finalized everything and sent it to iTunes. Then I

burned a CD and made a cover for it. It was going to be a little Prom present for Bret. By the time

I was done, it was time to get ready.

"Awww, sweetheart!" my mom cooed when I was done. "You look so beautiful!"

"Thanks Mom." I said.

"You do look beautiful." my dad agreed.

"Thank you Daddy!" I could tell he was choking back tears. His little baby girl is growing up, just

like Alysa did.

"Photo opp!" my mother sang. She ran to get the camera.

Thankfully my parents already met Bret. Apparently, he'd come to my house to ask

permission to take me to Prom and to date me. This all happened while I was at a study night with the

girls. My parents were so impressed with him being such a gentleman that they couldn't say "no". So

tonight there won't be any awkward talks. But I trusted Bret.

Then the doorbell rang.

"He's here!" I said. I ran up the stairs and hid in the hall for my entrance I'd prepared for him. My

father opened the door to let Bret in.

"Ah, Mr. Gibson." my father stuck out his hand.

"Good evening Mr. Reese." Bret said firmly shaking the outstreched hand.

"Bret. So nice to see you." My mother came back with the camera in hand.

"Mrs. Reese." Bret said taking her and and giving it a gentle kiss. "How are you this fine evening?"

"I am quite well thank you." she blushed.

While Bret was looking away I poised myself and appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Hello Bret." I said lightly.

-::Bret's POV::-

"Hello Bret." said an angelic voice from above. I looked up to see the angle I heard. I gasped. She

was stunning. She started to glide down the stairs. I quickly positioned myself to greet her. I took

her soft hand and looked into her eyes.

"You look... breathtaking." I said. She looked down embarassed.

"Well, you look handsome yourself." she said smiling. I couldn't help but smile back. This is

going to be a good night.


"I have a surprise for you." I said when we left the house.

"Oh?" she questioned, excitement glistening in her eyes.

"Look." I pointed to a white stretch limo Hummer.

"OMG!!! No way!" she enthused. I laughed. "Oh god, how bad is this for the environment?"

"It's just one night." I said. She smiled.

"This is our driver, Mr. Lewis." I said.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Lewis." she said, shaking his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine Ms. Reese." he answered. Then he opened the door for us.

"You get in." she said.

"Ladies first." I insisted.

"No, just get in." she continued. "I have a surprise for you."

"Oh, OK." I said. Now I'm excited. I hopped in. But I saw her hand something to the driver. She

said something to him as well. Then she got in.

"Whoa!" she said when she saw the inside of the limo.

"I know." I said. "Cool, huh?"

"Uh, YEAH!" she answered. "But how?"

"My uncle owns a limo company." I said. "But I have another surprise for you." We stopped at a

park. That's where Will was with Ash and Jake was with Jeanie.

"OMG NO WAY!!!" she exclaimed. She threw open the door. "You guys didn't tell me you were

coming!"

"Well, YEAH!" Jeanie said. "It's Junior Prom and we're popular. It's in our given right to go."

"Sure." I said smiling while Mickey giggled. I almost died. I loved her giggle. They all piled in the limo,

also exclaming how cool it was.

"You guys are just in time!" she said. "I was just about to play a surprise I made for Bret. Hit it, Mr.

Lewis." A beautiful song came on.

"You wrote this?" I asked her. She nodded.

"I did the piano and the guitar too." she added. We listened to the song then turned on some

other songs. Then we arrived at the dance.




No comments:

Post a Comment