Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Part One: Chapter Five - Aftermath

Hiding In the Open

Part One: The Beginning

Chapter Five: Aftermath

-:Bret's POV:-

The rain was lightly falling outside. In the distance I could hear the thunder and I'd see a flash of

lightening. It reminded me of what I felt when she and I kissed. I couldn't stop thinking about that

kiss. It was more than anything that I ever felt with any of my past girlfriends. After a hard

practice in the rain that went late again, I sunk into my bed. I breathed in heavily. The smell filled

my lungs and spread through my body like wildfire. It smelled like her perfume. But why? The

sweet scent burned in my nostrils. It lulled me into a trance. I started to doze. A light sleep fell

over my eyes like today's rain fell on the grass. The thunder and lightening that followed was a

dream. The backdrop was a white room. I was with her. I could tell it was years in the future

because she looked different. We looked different… older. Also we were in a bed together. I

had just my shirt off, but she was completely unclothed. However she was facing away from me

and the sheet was covering her up to her chest. An open oak wood window with mesh curtains

was on the wall to the left. A light breeze flowed through and blew her hair back into my face,

along with her shampoo and perfume. The pulse of my blood pounded in my ears as I inhaled.

Edward Cullen has nothing on her. I thought. I lowered my neck to her bare shoulder and

lightly traced my lips along her skin. She rolled her head to the side and then up closing her eyes,

enjoying the pleasure of my simple but effective gesture of affection. A smile spread across her

lips.

"Bret." she whispered.

"Hm?" I murmered.

"I love you." she said, now tracing her lips along my jawbone. The hairs on my neck stood up and I

could feel the goosebumps along with them.

"I love you too." I said, combing my fingers through her hair. More perfume. Now it just wafted

about the room, lingering, dancing around my senses, pulling me into a fantasy I could only

dream.


-::Mickey's POV::-

I was curious. Can a girl help it if she's curious? So I went into his room to see what it was like.

"I'll be right back." I told the girls. "Bathroom." They nodded and went back to work. I crepted

down the hall to where his room was. I opened the door slowly. His room was part typical teenage

boy with blue walls and sports (mostly football) stuff. But it had it's own personality, Bret's

personality in the sense that it was spotless and organized. There was a place for everything and

everything was in its place. I walked along the wide room. I looked at his bookcase and his dresser

letting my fingers drag along them. Then I reached his bed. I laid down on it and closed my eyes

wondering what he dreamed about. After a minute or two I decided I'd "been in the bathroom"

long enough and I went back to the room.

That night I called my sister Alysa who was away at college.

"Hey Mouse!" That's what my family calls me. It orginated from Mickey Mouse but I was a really

tiny child so I be came Mouse and it stuck. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. Just wanted to chat." I answered.

"Ok, what's the problem?" she asked knowingly. So I told her about Bret.

"Awwww, my baby sister's found her prince charming!" she cooed.

"Oh shut up!" I said. "Just tell me what I should do."

"Well, since you're not ready for a relationship, just do something for him to show you care,

something big." she advised.

"Something big... oh! I got it!" I said. "Thanks Alysa!" I hung up and immediatley got to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment