Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Part One: Chapter Seven - Turning Tables

Hiding In the Open

Part One: The Beginning

Chapter Seven: Turning Tables

-::Mickey's POV::-

Ever since that day at lunch, Ash, Jeanie and I all became... well... popular. People said hi to us in

the halls. Guys started flirting with us. Girls were asking us for advice. We were invited to parties!

It was great. I even became not only a reporter for the paper but the advice co-columist as well. I

got a leading role in the school musical too! I was doing so well socially that I started doing better

in class. I became sort of a teacher's pet. Things couldn't have gotten better. But they did.

Who: Bret

Where: Cafeteria

When: Lunch two and a half months til summer and two weeks til Junior Prom

What: Asked me to Junior Prom meaning he's also asking me to be his gf

How: Standing on stage and singing a song he wrote for me

Why: Only he and God know

"Um, so, I'm not much of a singer or a guitar player but... here goes." he said into the mic. "This

song is called "Hey Mickey."" Then he started stomping and clapping a familiar beat. Stomp, clap,

stomp, stomp, clap. Stomp, clap, stomp, stomp, clap. "Hey Mickey you're so fine You're so fine you

blow my mind. Hey Mickey! Hey, hey! Hey Mickey!" Then he started playing some chords as the

crowd did the stomping and clapping. "Hey Mickey you're so fine You're so fine you blow my mind.

Hey Mickey! Hey, hey! Hey Mickey!" Then he did an ending chord. "That was just a warm up. But

here's the serious ballad."

V1: Last night I had a dream about a girl.

She was more beautiful than any in the world.

When she smiled, I just melted.

Love was a joke, 'til I felt it.

Now my life isn't the same.

It's not about winning the big game.

It about keeping the ones you love,

Close enough to touch.

Chorus: Hey, hey Mickey,

I know you're the one for me-ee-he-ee.

Hey, hey Mickey,

I know we're meant to be.

I can't stop thinking about you.

I hope you feel the same too. Oh.

Hey, hey Mickey,

I love the way you walk.

Hey, hey Mickey,

I love the way you talk.

If there's one thing I know,

it's when you're here the day glows.

Yeah. Hey, hey Mickey.


The song was heartfelt and bueatiful. After he was done, he came down from the stage to me. He

stood me up, took my hands and bent on one knee.

"Mickayla Joy Reese, will you go to Prom with me?" he asked.

"I-I-I-I..." I stuttered on my words.

"She means to say yes!" Ash said for me.

"I want the answer from her." Bret said.

"Y-Y-Y-Y-e-e-s-s. Yes!" I said. The whole school went wild. Bret smiled the biggest smile I've ever

seen him give. His eyes were glistening with happiness. He stood up, looked at me for a split

second the pulled me in and kissed me. The wildness turned into close to chaos at that. But I

didn't hear it. I was in the arms of the man I loved. I was kissing my knight, my Prince Charming.



And I knew I was ready for it.


-::Bret's POV::-

I couldn't believe it. She was mine.


Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment