Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter Eight Part Two! - Dancing Queen

Hiding In the Open

Part One: the Beginning

Chapter Eight Part Two: Dancing Queen

-::Mickey's POV::-

I had a grand entrance. Me! It was truly amazing. Jeanie and Jake went first, followed by Will and

Asheigh. After them it was Bret and I. The place was amazing. It was a mansion. The decorations

were fantastic. The theme was "Enchanted Rose Gardens" There was a dance floor inside and one

outside too. Also outside were the rose gardens.

"Whoa, the school sure pulled out all the stops." I said.

"Yeah, thankfully the head of the comittee has a filthy rich dad who owns this place." he said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Sierra." Bret answered nonchalantly.

"Of course." I said. "So, now what?"

"We dance." Bret smiled. My eyes widened. "What?" he asked. "It's Prom. There's dancing." I shook my

head. "Come on, sweetheart. Don't worry. I'll lead."

He took my hand and I instinctly followed him to the dance floor. We started slowly, then I started

to get into it and rock out. Then Jeanie, Jake, Ash and Will joined us. After a while it was slow

dance time. I cuddled close to Bret, my hands in his. The smell of his colone, the beat of his heart,

the thump of the bass... I was in heaven. But deep in my gut, I felt something was wrong, really,

really wrong. But I pushed it away. I wanted to enjoy the dance and not have it ruined by any

stupid women's intuition. Unfortunately, it did almost did.

-::Bret's POV::-

The night was going... ok. She was a bit quiet. I took her outside to one of the rose gardens. I

turned my back for a second, to take a breath.

"Bret?" she asked.

"Yes?" I answered, stilled faced the other way.

"Don't tell me you're going to be cheesy and tell me you love me." I whipped around.

"How'd yo-"

"Don't say it." she said, or more like pleaded.

"OK, I won't." I said.

"Good." she said looking relieved.

"But I do." I whispered.

"No! I said, not to Bret!" she said frusterated.

"I didn't." I said defensively.

"It was implied." she said crossing her arms.

"What's so wrong about me loving you?" I asked.

"Because, we're kids!" she said. "We're not old enough to know what real love is."

"But... Ash told me you told her you are in love with me." I said.

"Yeah, well I told her that when I thought I was. I just realized like two and a half hours ago I'm

not." she said. My heart sank. "Look, don't take this the wrong way. I still like, like you. I'm just not

ready for love."

"I can deal with that." I said. "I respect that. You're not ready, so no pressure."

"Thank you." she said.

"You know," I smirked. "You're way, too mature for your age." She smiled.

"I get that a lot." she answered.

"Wann go back inside?" I asked.

"Not until after this." she came over too me and wrapped her arms around me and kissed me. It

was so passionate I almost fell over. I guess it was her way of thanking me. I pulled away.

"I wasn't done!" she said.

"Well then why don't we take this else where?" I asked.

"The limo?" she asked.

"The limo." I nodded. And so we ran off...

No comments:

Post a Comment